Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy blogoversary to me

One year ago today I started this blog, largely as a way to explore current events in Latin America in a way I didn’t have time for in class. I spent a lot of time lurking in other people’s blogs, looking at what they did, got a little help from Michelle, and away I went.

It has been an enormous amount of fun, just writing about Latin America and having people comment periodically and send me emails. I think about the issues more because I know my comments will sit out there for many people to read, and I engage in debate every once in a while—even on other blogs as we cross fertilize. After a year, I’m enjoying it more than ever.

There has been one unexpected element to all of this. I chose the name quickly, just a play on my name (though in one conversation, my Mom kept saying, “Yes, but what does it mean?”). I did not realize that when people want to leave their jobs, they google “two week notice” or “how to write a two week notice” or “template two week notice.” And they find me. There was quite a rush of them right before Christmas. Funny thing is, a few of them actually stop for a while and read.

3 comments:

Steven Taylor 2:33 PM  

Congrats!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous,  11:01 AM  

"...as we cross-fertilize..."

That one was for my sake, right?


Anyway, congrats on a year on the blog!

(And to Steven: Cool photo!)

Greg Weeks 11:15 AM  

Actually, only after writing it did I realize the connection. Maybe reading your posts has put me in an agricultural state of mind.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP