Thursday, December 13, 2007

Political leaders being...political

I have to say I am really mad. Apparently Hugo Chávez is once again providing discounted heating oil to the poor in Massachusetts. Horrible but true.

An article in CNN Money notes how this dictator—defined as a leader who wins and loses free elections—is making political hay by being nice, which is pure evil. I agree.

I also hate it when big naval ships go places and give people urgent care they otherwise wouldn’t receive. All that free pediatric care really gets my goat. Who do those kids think they are? I have nothing but dripping contempt for cross-national sympathy and understanding, which is really a waste of my time and precious tax dollars.

I just think that politicians ought to stop doing good things for political reasons. Humanitarian impulses demean us all.

5 comments:

Tambopaxi 11:53 AM  

Hee. I know what you mean; those damn do-gooders.... That reminds me, I've got to pick up on kicking puppies and little kids; I've been way too nice lately...

Anonymous,  3:42 PM  

Don't you guys know that spending money is only ok if its for national defense, subsidizing industries (banks, farmers, airlines, oil, insurance...you name it), and financing abstinance-only sex ed programs? Anything else and your just buying votes! Get with the program.


Brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:

"Better the occasional faults of a government that lives in a spirit of charity than the constant omissions of a government frozen in the ice of its own indifference."

Anonymous,  12:16 AM  

You are mad. Imagine myself. I am Venezuelan!

kelby 2:01 PM  

"Venezuela is one of the worst, producing its oil with scab labor since a 2003 strike, and it has also confiscated at least $1 billion in U.S. oil assets since then. Some industry analysts estimate that Chavez adds as much as a third of the cost to world oil prices."

Can anyone validate the claim of confiscation? Or was the author here referring to the contract renegotiations about PDVSA majority shares and royalty increases?

This article is so full of inaccuracies it doesn't even make good anti-chavez propaganda.

Bosque 3:17 AM  

I think the author of the article in question is talking out of his ass ... a sourpuss. Only an ex-employee on strike uses the word "scab".

Chavez must be destroyed now or his "evil do-gooding" will ruin our master plan Pinky!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP